The more I work with clients, the more I see absolute fear gripping them about their financial situation.
Times are scary now because the world is changing quickly. Old systems are going by the wayside and new opportunities are replacing them. Personally, you may feel like you’re net worth has declined a whole bunch, especially if you owned mostly real estate in your portfolio or your residence made up the largest part of your net worth. Perhaps you’re deep in credit card debt or you’ve even lost a job.
Rather than get stuck in fear, you need to move out of it because the first step to creating more wealth for yourself is to get rid of fear. This is crucial.
Here are some easy steps to help you do that (and I strongly recommend you do this before it works, no matter how simple it seems to you!):
1. Watch less TV – the ads are aimed at disturbing your subconscious so you will buy their products. Advertisers are masterful at manipulating your feelings. NEVER go to sleep by listening to the TV because that is directly speaking to your subconscious and programming you!
2. Make a list of 50 to 100 things you are grateful for. Think about all that you have, not what you don’t have. In a typical day, you have a nice bed, luxurious shower, hot beverage, and access to gourmet meals that most of the world doesn’t enjoy. Think about how the typical person lives in Ghana and how much more you have! Feel your wealth.
3. Focus on your blessings. See the glass half full not half empty. Realize every day is a gift.
4. Understand that fear is an illusion. It’s not real. It won’t happen, at least not most of the time, so stop acting like it will.
5. Think about what you DO want, not what you don’t want. Picture it, project it, and claim it as yours. See it as already completed.
6. Create vision boards or write yourself notes and place them where you can see them on the bathroom mirror, refrigerator, on your desk.
7. Write affirmations that you want to already be true, like “Avalanches of abundance are flowing to me.” Remember, the Universe or God will bring to you whatever you believe you can have. Faith is key here.
8. Hold the vision you want and keep visualizing it first thing in the morning and last thing before sleeping. You are in control of creating your life, but imagining what you want. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
9. Realize that there is more opportunity to create wealth now than before. Seventy two percent of all wealth has been created in the last 12 years! Look to incorporate technology into what you do – either your business or even for personal endeavors. Use Craig’s List, Ebay, and Facebook to advertise for what you need.
10. Open your mind to what’s possible now. By not staying in a fearful state, you will be able to see more possibility. Also, listen to your inner voice and to what other people tell you. If you keep hearing people telling you the same thing, pay attention and take action. There’s a message for you, so listen to it.
Start living your life as a “guided” adventure and watch your wealth begin to grow again!
Next time I’ll tell you my WEALTHY system for shifting to a wealthy mindset.
P.S. Right now is a great time to see where exactly you can build wealth and I’m offering a complimentary Wealth Building Strategy Session to help you do this. Please click here to download the application. Upon receiving your application, my assistant will be in touch with you within 24 hours to set an appointment for us to talk, so we can strategize your investing and wealth building needs.